Tuesday, August 1, 2023

And if that weren't enough

 ...I pulled jury duty this week. I'm on standby where I have to check every day to see if I have to report to the courthouse the next day. This will be all week. Not that I mind. In exchange for voting, paying taxes, and showing up for jury duty, I get all this much freedoms (/s but also not /s). I was raised by one of those old school moms who stressed the importance of citizenship and civil responsibility. Since I didn't/wouldn't/can't join the military or public service, these are literally the least I can do.

So we'll find out if I get selected. And if so, well, hopefully it's not a case of some guy stealing a loaf of bread. I hear you can get the death penalty for that in this country (/s but also not /s)

Anyway, here's a meme. 


"as comfortable as a cat in a bath" -- medieval French saying.


No comments:

Post a Comment