Thursday, February 19, 2015

In Which the Author Beeps Horn, Throws A Book At You, Drives Off

So, I'll update personal junk later, as there is stuff to report but I don't have it coherently formatted in blog form yet.

Instead, here's what I want to show you now: NEW translation of Le Brick (aka the original Les Misérables) coming out from Penguin Classics books! With a new cover. By awesome artist Jilian Tamaki.

Here's the link for the preorder, since you'll probably want one, as you can never have enough translations can you http://www.penguin.com/book/les-miserables-by-victor-hugo/9780143107569

What makes this so dang awesome as opposed to every other cover of every other translation? I mean you can't even see Javert anywhere on it (at least I can't) but...

Look at the spine.

LOOK AT IT.

photo c. Jilian Tamaki, from her Twitter feed @dirtbagg


Do you know what that is? Besides a barricade I mean.

It's hair. And teeth.

To quote from one of my favoritest adaptions of Les Mis ever, also known as The South Park Movie: "Holy shit, dude."

Okay, back to everything else. We'll talk later.

1 comment:

  1. Hello: I hope you are having a good year and I just wanted to let you know that your fans are waiting patiently for Inferno.

    Obviously genius cannot be rushed but I hope we will see your next book soon. I have been a faithful reader for... three years (a relative newcomer!) but each successive book is even better than the last, which seems impossible, but that you achieve with apparent ease. I was blown away by 'Adrift', but 'Honor' was somehow just as amazing in an entirely different way!

    Regardless of your writing progress over the last year, please accept my very best wishes for the season and a great year 2016... :)

    ReplyDelete