Tuesday, October 14, 2014

In Which The Author Updates Y'all On Nanowrimo Progress

Yep, I'm going to be working on book again during Nano. I was hoping to get some writing done this month as well but it's all prep at this point. The good news is I have Inferno almost entirely laid out on index cards. I've always had a rough chart of how things will go but now I have a timeline and a set sequence of events. I'm just hoping I'm not over planning :-D But I am definitely getting excited about starting the next book. This is the one I've been the most excited about since the beginning. The penultimate. The setting up of the massive tying of loose threads that will be book six, aka Requiem.

I'll be updating more frequently once book writing starts. Just because. I'm hoping also to have another holiday short fiction done. Those started out as one offs, back when I had the website set up to publish the chapters in installments and then send it to print on completion. But with the ebook version I'm not doing the installments, but I'd still like to have a little something to share. So it's a little bass ackwards. But I'll see what I can do. Right now I'm just so jazzed, this is the most writing, or thinking about writing, I've done in quite awhile. Remember I started Honor back in like 2007. Took me this long to get the thing out and done, and it was a chore for a good long while of it. But Inferno feels like the first two books, the kind that just fall out of my head and onto the page and go "Ta Daaaaa!"

So, here's to hoping.

Also, if you feel like donating a cup of coffee to me during this time of the year, pumpkin spice or otherwise, please feel free to hit the donation button over on the left. It will help out a lot, and definitely motivate me to do that extra short story. I'm thinking of doing a Patreon to raise funds to restart the website, with the movie reviews and the gallery and the other stuff, but for right now, I'm saving up my pennies and just working on the book-like thing.

Next post will probably be the last one before Nano kicks off, but if I don't get to one, see you when I'm hip deep in rough draft.

Be excellent to one another.

banner displayed during recent Hong Kong protests

No comments:

Post a Comment