Saturday, March 1, 2014

In Which The Author Briefly Surfaces

Hi there. I am now in the process of getting settled in new (old) surroundings. Just wanted to let you all know I'm still around. Hoping to get something to report about the rest of Honor in the next week or so.

Just wanted to let everyone know the website is expiring tomorrow. Normally I use part of my tax money to renew the website and domain registration but it all went to getting the hell out of Virginia and away from the freak show (about which I am going to begin writing copiously, now that I'm 3000 miles away from the crazy guy with the knife) so I have nothing to give GoDaddy to save the page. I considered throwing them the $20 to at least keep the domain name but I don't even have that. Everything I have left is going to the landlord of my new place so I have a roof over my head. So, basically, I am going to cross fingers and hail Mary -- or a Jean Valjean, in this case. Not like the site's doing anything anyway, I just haven't had the energy to update or maintain it for awhile now. Still, ouch.

tl;dr, this blog is now the sole online presence for the Pont-au-Change series until further notice. Except, of course, the Smashwords site where the books may be purchased.

Thanks for sticking with me during this transition. Stuff's hard right now but believe it or not, it was worse before. Just keep swimming, Dory.


5 comments:

  1. Good luck with transitions and everything! My prayers are with you in these hard times!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. sorry it's late but thank you for the kind thoughts! Much appreciated.

      Delete
  2. Hi there, I am a fan who enjoyed your Les Miserables gallery (images) - can that be accessed anywhere? Is is accessible via this blog somewhere? Best wishes for your situation, -guest

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know when the old site features will be live again. My situation is such that it's kind of not on my radar screen at the moment, all my energy is directed toward finding a job and avoiding being homeless. Once I get a sliver of security, then I can start devoting time back to the book and to the site. I do plan on resurrecting the old site's Gallery and the Media reviews and whatnot, but I have no timetable or even an estimate. All I can say is when I do, I'll announce it here on the blog.

      Thanks for understanding.

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete