Wednesday, February 20, 2013

In Which the Author Says Merci Mille Fois

Okay, thanks to a huge outpouring of donations, kind words and good wishes, here's where I stand as of right now:
  • back rent for this month: paid
  • electricity caught up, not just the deposit but the actual bill: paid
  • phone: paid (cheapo semi smart phone, but it's become like my lifeline so I wouldn't consider it non essential)

  • internet access: paid (I could drop this but it's only $30 a month to be able to do ebay from home instead of the library, so again, kind of necessary)
  • monthly bus pass: bought (and good thing too, rates are going up March 1)
and
  • March rent paid entirely without having to go the partial payment route like I did this month. 
(in case anyone is wondering, I don't have cable, so no cable bill. I'm one of those don't-watch-tv-much types.)

This means that I am able to concentrate on getting a job and a roommate and everything, without having to look over my shoulders, until those happen and/or that check gets here. I have enough to make it, and a little to spare.

(just a quick fyi, in case anyone was wondering why I haven't tried going on public assistance or anything: I did, or what I can get of it. The one thing I don't have to worry so much about is food, because I did qualify for EBT, I just don't qualify for any other assistance like housing or cash benefits because I'm not elderly and I have no children. If I were still in California or even Nevada I would have more resources but I'll take what I can get. And I've worked since I was 16 so I've more than paid enough into the system to be able to use it now that I need it, in case anyone is thinking I'm spending their tax money, no, I'm spending mine.)

Donation codes for books went out to everyone who donated even a little bit, because every little bit helps.

Tonight I'll post that section I have been teasing. I just wanted to let people know that the goal is met and that I appreciate every one of you, even those who just sent kind words of support and encouragement. You are fantastic and wonderful and a thousand other words that fail me right now.

Thank you, thank you, and thank you again.

No comments:

Post a Comment