Tuesday, October 30, 2012

In Which the Author makes a small announcement of incommunicado

Hey there

As you can see by the total lack of updates this month, my life's gone on one of those weird sabbaticals again. Next month, when I should be doing Nanowrimo, I will instead be moving out of state and selling off almost everything I own to get there. Including the computer. Which means I won't have a lot of communication with people until I can acquire a new one. I do have two things you should know: I can always update my personal Twitter feed @arlnee via my cell phone (which is not a smartphone, so texting to Twitter is about all I can do with it, other than, you know, make phone calls) and where I am moving will have a business center so I can occasionally log in and get email and the like. Other than that, nada.

Yes, I am still working on Honor. Yes I still will get it done. I had hoped to have it completed before Christmas but with this new schedule I do not know if I will be able to jump back on and get it done before then. My brain is in several different directions at this point. But it will get done. It is getting done.

--

Also, wanted to post to say RIP HMS Bounty, and those who lost their lives during Hurricane Sandy: Captain Robin Walbridge and crewmember Claudene Christian. Those who read Adrift might know I like tall ships a little bit. I was wondering myself why this ship went to sea before the storm knowing it was coming. The answer is, that a ship at sea can move and weather a storm better than at port, getting knocked into the pier and so on (and for pier, look at the famed Atlantic City boardwalk and see what happened to it. Now imagine a tall ship next to it.) So they tried to get out of the way and lost engines and abandoned ship. People will second guess what happened for a long time to come, but after reading the accounts, I cannot do the same. My heart goes out to the families of the lost and those who sailed on her, being true mariners, who went out knowing the odds and the treachery of the sea and went out anyway.

--

When my personal fortunes change I will certainly let it be known. Until then: au revoir, adieu, à bientôt

5 comments:

  1. Greetings, dear author. I have just recently discovered Les Miserables and it instantly became an obsession, and I was absolutely thrilled when I came upon your wonderful series. Know that I refresh this blog everyday hoping for an update on its completion status. While the news is not what I had prayed for, I am content to wait as long as may be necessary to be able to devour the remaining books in this series. Please believe that I do not exaggerate when I say that should Honour be completed before Christmas, it will be the best Christmas present I have ever received.

    Post-Scriptum. I am going to Washington this Christmas to watch the Les Mis US Tour at the National Theatre. If only time could fly~!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. greetings back Icarus! I am glad you found me. I'm not going away. The books are being written. And believe me, if I can finish this by Christmas we will both have the best Christmases ever.

      Delete
  2. I hope that the move goes smoothly for you, that you manage to get settled again, and that you will be okay.

    Whether it's six months or six years I'll be here whenever Honor and the rest of the series are finished and will look forward to reading them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the vote of confidence! But please don't say six years. It's *been* six years already XD If I'm not careful it will take longer to write than the characters to live it!

      Delete
  3. Arlene,

    I know I fell off the planet again myself--it's all these darn classes. But I'll be back soon, possibly sooner than you will! Hope things go well with the move and that you are back in touch soon.

    Trout

    ReplyDelete