Thursday, September 13, 2012

In Which the Author is out of her fricking mind

So here I am knee deep--okay, clavicle deep--in Honor rewrites... and an opportunity to submit another work to a publishing house has come up.

That's right, I have other books ;-) and there is a window next month during which a reputable and established publisher is soliciting manuscripts, and one of my other books, which is done but needs editing, would be perfect for the submission process. So. Suddenly my attention is drawn between the two.

This does NOT mean that Honor is getting thrown under the bus! It just means I have to mentally shift gears for a couple of weeks to get this other book ready for submission. Once that's done and out of my hands it's back to Honor full time. But I just wanted to let everyone know that if I go silent on Honor for a few weeks, it's because of the other book.

(oh and also: anyone interested in looking it over, not for beta or corrections but more for a "what do you think" reaction? It's 120k words, fantasy, with a heavy LGBT theme and may be triggery to the wrong audience. The book was based on a short story I wrote for the old MZB "Sword and Sorceress" anthology--and was rejected because of the subject matter, LOL--but I have since turned it into a full length novel that is meant to be the first of a trilogy. Email me if you're interested and I'll send you out a copy. I would need response on it fairly quickly as the manuscript must be submitted by the middle of October to be considered for publication. So if you have the time and the inclination, let me know!)

2 comments:

  1. It sounds really interesting and I wish I had the time to read it right now. I'm keeping my fingers crossed and hoping it gets published though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks! here's hoping you can read it after it gets published then ;-)

      Delete