Monday, September 3, 2012

In Which the Author has a question for you, the Readers UPDATED

Anyone up for beta reading? I need a couple of people. Yes, it's Honor.

Benefits: you get to read it first. And you get to tell me where I'm wrong and what to do, which frankly doesn't happen too often (not that I'm not often wrong, but that I let people tell me so ;-) ) And at the end of all this, you will not have to pay for your copy of the book and will receive a specially made item just for you. (I know what it is but it's a surprise. Also, it's neat and not cheap).

Cons: it's a big book. And it's not all done; the beta reading will be done in sections. And you have to have some time (since it's not done I don't need it now, but it will be done by the end of the year). And obviously know how words are spelled and how sentences work. And it helps if you've already read the first three so you can spot those pesky continuity errors between the original book and these. And have to be able to look beyond the story and look at the components and tell me if it makes any damn sense.

So, anyone up for it? If you have a life no problem, it's okay, so you don't have to respond if you can't do it. Just let me know if you can do it. Thanks!

UPDATE: I now have my two betas. Thank you for volunteering! Files will start being emailed by the end of the month. I want to make sure this last section is complete before doing it in case anything in the third of the book that was already done needs adjusting. 


4 comments:

  1. I'm a voracious reader and I've been waiting for Honor since Januarary 2010 when I tore through Adrift. Reading quickly is not an issue. Hit a gal up. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. alrighty then XD that's one! Thanks and welcome aboard :-)

      Delete
  2. I'm not a native speaker so I'm of not much use for spell checking etc. but I'm a quick reader even in English and I do regularly beta reading. So if I can help...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you, mm, I know you're a longtime reader. However I do really need as much help in the "catch my word gaffes" department as I do in the continuity department. But I do appreciate the offer.

      (ps glad to hear from you! I pretty much abandoned Livejournal at this point so I'm glad to see you commenting over here. *waves*)

      Delete