Friday, June 8, 2012

In Which the Author says Hooray

Smallish update: got a little stuck working on the segment of Honor I was working on so I went ahead and skipped to dessert and wrote the book's epilogue, where the merde is about to get vrai.

By the end of this book, not one, not two, but three of Hugo's original characters will not be continuing on to the fifth book, Inferno, and will sit out the rest of the books in the Green Room. And that's actual named, backgrounded and important-to-the-story characters. Not just "that one guy Jean Valjean talked to that one time."

And if you think that spares either of the two main characters, I'd just like to point out that while most of the books are flashbacks and being told as such, nothing protects them in Guernsey. Nothing.

And also: no one (with the exception of the one character who already has done so, who I'll refrain from naming because duh spoiler) dies in bed of old age in this series. No one.

Mu hu hu hu. Mwa ha ha ha ha.
 *cough hack cough*
I should know better than to cackle maniacally in a high register. Wow that hurts.

Anyway, back at it. Honor is more than 2/3 complete now with four segments to go: one Hugoesque diversion called The Fatal Flower (which I may save to tackle last, research and boring and all that) and three main storyline sections that I've tentatively titled Buttons, Sacrifice, and Misery.

Merde gets vrai, indeed.

Keep plugging the Kickstarter! the faster this gets funded and the printing worries go away, the more time and energy I can devote to finishing the whole shebang by early 2013. Every little bit helps!

6 comments:

  1. Characters I love, nooooooooo. This is my extremely anxious face. D:

    ReplyDelete
  2. (Thenardier is excluded from my anxiety. Throw the bum out!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hee, well even if you discount the possibility of Thénardier being one of them, on the basis of not sorry at all, that still leaves two more to worry about.

      Maybe a dirigible will fall on Montreuil-sur-Mer and wipe out Bamatabois and Mme Victurnien, right? (yeahright XD)

      Delete
    2. Holy cheeseballs I'm worried for everybody now.

      Thanks a lot. ;_;

      (Also, totally finished Adrift this afternoon. I love it so much! I want to follow Honor on Camp NaNo, but I haven't been able to figure it out, and suspect I need to be writing a novel too to be able to share a cabin. Or whatever it's called.)

      Delete
    3. And that total doesn't include the OCs that are not advancing to the next round ;-)

      well the cabins are just basically noteboards back and forth for the writers. No writing happens on it.

      The books aren't published or posted on the site, except for if the author chooses to upload excerpts. Which I do. It can be seen here:

      http://www.campnanowrimo.org/campers/acharris

      under the "novel info" tab.

      Delete
    4. Ahh, I see now.

      *cheers from the sidelines*

      Delete