Tuesday, June 26, 2012

In Which the Author is really, really mean

Just wanted to say that the closer I get to finishing it (and I am getting very close) the body count for Honor is getting kind of high. Not just my original characters, mind you. Until today I had told some people that no fewer than three of Hugo's characters are going to die in this one.

But today, it turns out to be four. Four characters!

On a related note, why not pledge the Kickstarter campaign? If it funds, the sooner and prettier this book will appear in your hands and e-readers.

Just a thought.

Mu ha ha ha ha ha...

3 comments:

  1. I'm racking my brains trying to figure out who it is.... Back to re-read to make sure that it's not my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't even begin to guess. She could easily kill the whole extended family and get her quota of four... and I would still read the last two books through my tears.

      For now I will just tell myself, "Don't worry - what happens is that all of Patron-Minette were trapped in Gorbeau House and it finally collapsed on them," and try to believe it.

      I'm still trying to figure out whose is the blurry face in the daguerreotype in Adrift, by the way. I can't think of any current character who would want to obscure their face for some reason. It's probably painfully obvious and I'll smack myself later for not reasoning it out. But maybe that mystery isn't solvable yet and I'm not a complete idiot.

      Delete