Saturday, June 30, 2012

In Which the Author finally shuts up for the month

Mostly because there's only 6 1/2 hours left in June. Then I start up yakking about July!

No, there's actually a point to this. I was rummaging through my old old OLD notes for the books and stuff, trying to find all the doodles and whatnot I have that have anything to do with Inferno, and I came across an odd list. I couldn't figure out what it was at first. Then it struck me.

It's a list of characters and symbols. For a PauC-themed project:





Tarot cards. 

Full major arcana of the major scenes of the series; full minor arcana for four symbolic items and the suit cards of minor characters.

Holy carp when did I come up with this? Never mind. I'm seeing it in my head now. And it looks COOL. I see art nouveau. Seriously.

If we don't fund the Kickstarter I'll be mentioning this in the Indiegogo campaign. Because dammit I want to see this come into being.

Particularly because of course, Victor Hugo is the Fool. X'D *

I don't know as I should mention it on the KS because it's only slightly more formed an idea than the maps, which are currently me charting the voyages on a paper and waiting for the maps I ordered to arrive so I can scan them and start photoshopping the bejeesus out of them. With the Tarot deck all I have is the list.

And it's a doozy.

I have the opposite of that thing, what's it called? Oh yeah. Too much time on my hands.

BRB brain broke.

_____________
*well actually, the Fool is the journeyer, so that makes sense; he's the one journeying vicariously through the lives of the other characters. I just however like calling him the fool. And yes the cards will be labeled in French. So it's Le Fou.

3 comments:

  1. !!!!

    You should have seen my face when I read this. That will be cool beyond words!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you should have seen MY face when I found them XD

      seriously though, if you've seen my DA page you see my art style is very amenable to art nouveau. It would be nothing to transform the Valjean/Javert yang/yin image into a more Muchaesque image. This is something that would really rekindle my interest in drawing again, that's for sure.

      Time to dust off that tablet I haven't hardly worked with and fire up the PS. See what happens.

      Delete
    2. This is the place where I typically post a little animated emoticon of happy wild flailing. :D :D :D

      Thanks for posting things that take my mind off the fact that Honor will kill off characters like they're bowling pins in front of a pro bowler. ;_;

      Delete