Tuesday, March 13, 2012

in which more excuses are offered

So, I'm still sick. Finally got an appointment with the allergist. Leaving aside the fact that his staff had some serious competency issues (whole other blog post on that one, but jeez) he did the whole "let's scratch up your back and see what reacts) test.

Then he concluded I'm allergic to my cats.

Yes, that's what he's saying. He's saying that after Émile died, the kittens I got to replace him have magically made me allergic to pets. Although I spent a few years a decade ago in a house with TEN cats (and discovered it's nawt sew gud akshully ifyouknowwhatImean) it just happens that now I suddenly got allergic.

I call bullshit. Mostly because I don't have coughing fits when they're on me, or laying next to me, or whatever. I have them pretty much any other time. So, yeah.

But whatever they prescribed me for it, it seems to be working. So, more power to it. The more I can sit and look at a computer and write, the better off we are, right?

Okay, so there's my excuses.

One more thing that happened, that actually relates to the book: I found a notebook from 2008 that had a whole section for the last part of Honor that I had forgotten about, that I'm debating if it even needs to be in there. I will put it to the two (2) subscribers and anyone else who happens to be reading this: would you hate me if I included a chapter that introduces the family of Enjolras into the mix? Specifically, say, if Marius's cousin Théodule finally got off his ass and found him a wife, and it turned out to be Enjolras's kid sister, would that be jumping the shark? Or too much in the middle of everything else going on? Or what?

(oh yeah, and it also of course involves Montrose, aka Montparnasse, in the equation. Yeah, it's a tying up a lot of loose threads idea, but is it too over the top, especially in a book that is based on another book that had so much over the top coincidence in it?)

Take your time replying. I'm not near that point where it would be in the book. I'm just asking.

1 comment:

  1. Hmm I'm of two minds. On one hand I really love everything you've done with the series so far and I believe that if anyone could make it work, you could. However it does sound a little far-fetched to me, to be perfectly honest.

    ReplyDelete