Thursday, February 23, 2012

in which an update is attempted

So, my month hasn't gone the way I was hoping it would. Mostly because due to this lingering illness I lost a lot of work and had to make up the money selling half my stuff on Ebay. I think I'm just going to keep selling stuff I don't want anymore and banking the money. The medical thing is serious enough that I had to file for FMLA to keep from having the absences jeopardize my job.

Needless to say this has done wonders with my ability to write. Namely totally shut down the thing I was going to do. But on the plus side another chapter further into the book decided to start writing itself in my head (preliminary to getting it on the page is for the characters to hash out the basic details first) which is a great sign and it also let me know that some guy who was a character for half a chapter now goes on to solve a problem in book 6 that I thought was someone else's problem, but this way works much better.

So I may not actively be in the kitchen but at least the stuff on the stove's still simmering. Heck to the yes on that one.

I'm going to give actual writing a chance this weekend with that section I was mentioning and see what comes out. If anything looks reasonable I'll put some of it up as a teaser here, a reward for anyone still reading this after all this time ;-)

Baby steps, indeed. Oh and happy belated Mardi Gras, which is also happy belated Marius and Cosette's anniversary. 

No comments:

Post a Comment