Wednesday, February 1, 2012

in which the Book is being worked on

Pont-au-Change-of-plans: Rather than write and dwell on Émile's death - still very sore for me - I'm going to report some good news instead.

A couple of days ago, the characters in PauC began speaking to me again. Actually it was the crew of the Ouroborous. A scene popped into my head that solved a few problems, and suddenly it was like I was where I was when I left off. So, I've set up a schedule to start writing again. Beginning today I'm going to "nano" the book, write at least 1000 words each day (whether it's crap or not I'll learn later, but right now Goal One is to Get It On The Page) and I can finish up much of the Australia segment of the book. If I spend each day in February writing at least 1000 words (I'd really like 2000 but I'll settle for 1k at this point) that should finish up Honor entirely. Seriously. Then I'll have months to edit, parse, match it up with the first third I wrote a few years ago, and viola! Well maybe not that, maybe at least ukelele!

So, today, I write. I don't know when I'll be posting it, like I said, my goal is to write it first, worry about it later. I saw a t-shirt in a catalog this Christmas that said just that: "Even if it's crap, just get it on the page." I think that's my new motto. At least for this month.

Will check in again as the month rolls along, at least by Marius and Cosette's anniversary. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment